At Duffy Elliott Lawyers, the selection and recruitment of new employees is one of our most important responsibilities. Our reputation stems from the professionalism and work our staff display. Our staff are our backbone and are the future of our firm. We are always on the lookout for the right people who can help us maintain our high quality service to our clients.
If you are a person committed to these ideals we hope to provide you with the best opportunity for personal and professional development please send your resume to by email to :- email@example.com
Casual/Part Time Bookeeper
We currently have an opportunity for a casual/part time bookkeeper position with monitoring by existing staff with a view to increasing responsibilities over time. To be successful for this position, you will bring a positive attitude, be warm and friendly, have strong organisational skills, great communication skills and an autonomous nature with the desire to own the role. In addition, a high level of enthusiasm and energy is a must.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Invoice collation
- Processing of weekly/monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Maintaining an accurate accounts payable / receivable ledger
- Preparing PAYG and BAS statements
- Processing payroll
- Following up overdue debtors
- Liaising with external accountant as necessary
- General administrative duties as required
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures including Law Society regulations/trust account
Ideally but not essential you must have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in a law firm and trust accounting
- Experience in MYOB
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be a problem solver with the ability to think on your feet to resolve issues quickly
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team.
If you have a desire to work within our Legal Firm and a willingness to learn and grow as a valued member of our team, forward your resume and a brief letter detailing your past work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 25 January 2021. All applications will remain strictly confidential.